The Sales & Customer Service Representative is a full-time position that works in coordination with the Sales & Customer Service Manager and Representatives in a D-BAT Baseball & Softball Academy. This position is a full-time salaried position with incentive opportunities. Representatives will help ensure our customer service and sales-based culture is upheld along with following and executing our operational systems that ensure an impactful business.
The Representatives will also be the point person for customers to contact and be the face of our facilities. It's a Representative's sole desire to ensure our customer experience is held to the expected standards in and outside the facility and to oversee the systems and processes that have aided us in becoming an award winning business.
The ideal candidate is someone looking to begin a career in the sports business field. This position is for an individual that would like to get a career started in sports, sales, operations, and management. This position will require retail hours including nights and weekends. Facilities are open until 9:00pm during the week and every Saturday and Sunday.
This is an entry-level position with an award-winning company that is in growth mode. It can allow the right person to come in, learn what it takes to run a profitable business, and align themselves with a company that rewards its employees with additional opportunities.
- Drive Revenue in the Door
- Support the Sales Manager with identifying, prioritizing, and solidifying key partnerships with organizations to gain access to target customers.
- Lead by Example:
- Be and live the culture of our organization
- Follow the process and procedures for Sales and Customer Service Representatives
- Run and maintain the front of the house (Sales / Customer Service)
- Turn Prospects into Customers
- Listen and understand Customer needs and match needs to service offerings
- Grow Revenue with Existing Customers
- Retain Existing Customers
- Directly ensure that we provide an inviting atmosphere for our customers
- Perform opening and closing procedures that ensure the facility is in position to succeed each day
- Execute daily operating checklists to ensure we fulfill our mission of operating with excellence
- Work with Sales & Customer Service Managers and fellow Representatives to ensure sales pitches, scripts and expectations are being followed (sales-based culture)
- Develop and implement plans to grow specific revenue streams that you will be responsible for
Qualifications and Skills:
- Sales and Customer Service Experience is a plus (see job functions above to be able to evaluate ability to do job functions)
- Strong track record of building strong and trusting relationships
- College degree preferred
- Passion for baseball, softball, or speed and agility that is contagious
- Positive attitude, high character, relationship builder and a team player
- Desire to follow our specific educational and training program
- Willingness to learn: an individual that is teachable, coachable, moldable, and a continuous learner
Communication and Technological Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to detail and follow-up with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Communicate effectively the mission, values and vision of our company
- Knowledge on multiple technological platforms such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to use technology to help the company become more efficient and effective